Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Soaking up some Sun + (Turkey Chili Recipe)

This summer really has been pretty great. Some of my favorite childhood memories come from those days when my Mom would pack a cooler and we'd make a whole day out of swimming! So, I make sure my boys get plenty of Pool Days! Here are some pictures of Brock and Tripp and their gym/pool buddies!

"The Crew" with the exception of Camden who's away
at Science camp this week


Brock and Zoe

















Capt. Butt Crack


















My Pool Lunch
Mixed green salad with 1 can of tun and balsamic vinegar and 3
hard boiled eggs!


So after yet another day of fun in the sun and interesting poolside conversations between the Momma's we headed home. I was pretty impressed with myself this evening. Considering we didn't make it home until 3:15pm, I managed to throw together a batch of turkey chili, get the boys a snack, shower, and make it back to the gym for my Cardio Crunch class at 5:30!!!! Now thats what I call hustling! 


Here's the recipe for the Turkey Chili courtesy of my friend Laura
1/2 onion
2 zucchini (small/med)
1-2 green peppers
2 whole jalapeno peppers sliced thin without the seeds removed(I left these out)
2 cloves of minced garlic (I used 3)
2lbs lean ground Turkey browned and drained
1  28oz can diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
1+ cup of water
1 small 12oz bottle V8 ( I used tomato soup instead)
4-5 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin (I left this out cause I need to restock)
sea salt to taste

Served with Kashi pita crackers and cheddar cheese
This is the Brock's bowl....I didn't add cheese to mine.
 

Saute all  fresh veggies in a skillet until soft but not mushy. Brown meat also in a different skillet. Mix veggies and Meat into a stock pot, add in tomatoes, beans, water, spices, and V8. Boil and then turn down to simmer for 20+ min. I also added a can of black beans. It was delicious and the whole family loved it and we have leftovers which never happens around these parts!

Today's Workout
no weights today because I plan on hitting them hard tomorrow
I taught Cardio Crunch this evening and we did
~some simple step
~burpees
~lunges
~mtn climbers
~jacks
~and a ton of abs 15 min worth to be exact! I love this class, and tonight we had a huge crowd! Love Love my gym folks!

Today's Food
The usual for breakfast + 1, 4 egg whites/chickpeas/spinach
Salad with Tuna and 3 hard boiled eggs for lunch
A bowl of turkey chili pre-workout minus the pita crackers and cheese
A bigger bowl of turkey chili post workout :) minus the pita crackers and cheese
a few almonds and greek yogo sweetened with stevia and blueberries for dessert 
I didn't snack much today which I should probably fix that tomorrow











































1 comment: