Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Monday! (Garlic Chicken & Banana Pancake Recipe)

Happy Monday Folks!!! In case you don't know me...I (for the most part) LOVE Monday's! Monday's are a great chance to start over....set new goals for the week, like a clean slate! With the kids finally" back in the land of the living" as my good friend Michelle put it, I went a lil overboard with the gym today! But that's ok....all their lil buddies were there and we went swimming so it was a great fun filled day!

This weekend I made Garlic Chicken and it was delicious, easy , and not full of weird ingredients! Here's the recipe
Garlic Chicken
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2  large onion diced
6-8 celery stalks
4 large carrot sticks
2-3lb chicken breast cut up
20-30 garlic cloves peeled
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp lemon juice

Heat oil in frying pan, add onion, carrots, and celery, stirring until soft with slotted spoon
Transfer to a baking dish that has a tight fitting lid ( I use my deep dish baker from Pampered Chef)
Lay Chicken on top of veggies and sprinkle with lemon juice and salt and pepper
Lay garlic around and on the chicken.....Cover and Bake @ 350 for 1 hour.

For someone who is trying to cut out bread and grains I personally LOVED this dish, however for the rest of the family I served it with sweet potatoes!











This weekend I also made  Banana Pancakes.
1 ripe banana
1 cup oat flour (quick oats in the food processor)
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1% Milk...Honestly I didn't measure how much I just kept adding more until it was moist enough to pour into pan

They turned out really good...however next time I may double the recipe to make more.




Here's a picture of a honey dew melon that Tripp and I picked up at the Angier Farmer's Market on Saturday and it was Delicious!!!!












WorkOuts
This morning I worked on Sprints using the TreadMill
I did 10 Sprints at an incline of 3% and a speed of 10 for 30 seconds on and 30 seconds of rest
After that I did some abs
Bicep Rows using 20lb DMB 10x2 with one leg extended
Bicep rows using 25lb DMB 8x2
Over Head Press using 20lb DMB 10x1
OverHead Press using 25lb DMB 8x2
and a few Mountain Climbers
This evening I taught Body Pump with Andie and Stayed for Body Combat!!!! Great Day
Today's Food
3 egg whites with spinach and chickpeas for breakfast
1 protein shake with unsweetened almond milk post workout
Mixed Green Salad with 1 can of white tuna and topped with balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup cottage Cheese with strawberries and blueberries
1 berry quest bar
3 more egg whites with spinach and chickpeas before evening workout
1 protein shake with unsweetened coconut and 1 tbsp of PB2 (freakin Delicious!!!)
Steamed broccoli and cauliflower with 1/2 cup cottage cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment