Thursday, July 14, 2011

Black Bean Dip

Just wanted to log on real quick and share this Black Bean dip recipe that I made last night to go with our Chicken Burritos. This picture was actually taken today as I had leftovers for lunch served with iced green tea, and a side salad, but let me tell ya, this bean dip is sooo good!
Black Bean Dip
2 cans of low sodium black beans
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp onion powder
1 cup medium chunky salsa
2 tbsp plain greek yogurt

Mix everything in the food processor and there ya have it! This would be delicious just to eat with chips or to make it a lil more spicy add some heat of your choice....the possibilities with this lil number are endless as well as delicious!!!  This is a picture from last night where I served it with  low carb tortilla, fresh tomatoes, and grilled peppers and onions with a lil shredded cheese!  


I plan on cooking a lot this weekend soooo hopefully I'll have some new fun recipes next week! 

For yesterdays workout I taught a Circuit Training class that included:
Burpees, Mountain Climbers, some Simple Step , Bicep curls, Tricep Dips using the step, Squat with over head press, Tricep kick backs, Push ups,  Jumping Jacks, and tons of Abs!! Afterwards I worked my chest a bit in the weight room. 


And here is a picture of Brock playing "Army" in the back yard in his underwear right before bedtime as well as a picture of Tripp basically calling me a bad Mom because I told him it was time to come inside! 


Today was a rest day and the boys and I finally made a trip to Whole Foods or as my good friend Laura put it "Whole Paycheck" Ha!!!! But we picked up a lot of the what I call weird ingredients that some of these baking recipes call for.  Then we joined our good friends at the Angier Library for the showing of Gnomeo and Juliet which was fun for Brock but Tripp, not so much, his biggest concern was what I had packed for a snack, (as if we hadn't just eaten lunch). Oh well, then afterwards Brock checked out a couple dinosaur books! 
This evening I made a new protein bar and kinda threw together the recipe.....the whole time I was making them I kept thinking....these are gonna be sooo gross....so therefore I didn't really keep track of the amounts of the ingredients so I'll have to make them again to make sure the recipe is legit. I also made a new batch of hummus and I think it just might be  "The One!" It turned out really good, so I'll also post that later! 

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog and recipes! I need a food processor to make some of these yummy recipes u r making..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks DeAnna! I just recently got one and let me tell you.....its awesome!!! I don't know how I ever cooked without one in the past! Love it!

    ReplyDelete