Saturday, July 23, 2011

Insanity Workout with a side of Blueberries (revised Mini Turkey Loaves and BlueBerry Crepe Recipes)

Since I've only been to the gym twice this week due to our sick babes, I was determined to get in there last night. Friday night workouts are rare for me but let me tell you, I love a Friday night workout. The gym is basically bare so I usually go into the group exercise room all by myself, plug my iPod into the sound system and gets some serious work D-O-N-E! I decided to set up a crazy circuit that involved many stations, and I never did any  exercise more than once, instead I did each exercise until I could no longer do it anymore and move on to the next. I tried to do a Plyometric /Strength using Weight/ and Isometric holds, REpeat!

Here's a pic of the craziness...each piece of equipment
is a station. 

Plyometrics included
~Burpees using the bosu ball, Mountain Climbers, Bear Crawl (not sure that thats an actual plyo but its a fabulous exercise) Star Jumps, Tuck Jumps, Box Jumps, Alternating jumping Lunges

Strength included
~ Side bicep curls using 20lb dmb
~Tricep Dips
~Chest Press using 20lb dmb while lying on exercise ball
~Standing Over Head Press using 20lb dmb
~Standing over head tricep extension using 25lb plate
~Side Sholder Raise Using 20lb dmb
~ Standing shoulder Mac Raise using 12lb dmb
~ Kneeling Real Delts using 15lb dmb
~Push Up's
~Squats using 40lb body pump bar
~Walking Lunges using 40lb body pump bar
~Regular Bicep curl using 40lb body pump bar
~Single Rows using the 40lb body pump bar

Isometric Holds/Abs
~Lying Crunch with feet elevated using 25lb plate
~Side Oblique crunch with both feet elevated
~Leg Raise Center and Sides
~Bicycle Crunch Slow
~Plank
~Plank with hand touches out to the side
~Plank with Rock back and forth
~Wall Sit
~Super Man on the floor for the lower back

No interruptions and solid work for about an hour and 1/2 = my idea of a Friday Night! Ha! 
Afterwards on my way out I noticed a few ladies that often come to my Body Pump classes lingering over at the soccer field, so I stopped by and joined them for a few sprints to top off the night! 

minus the garlic clove


Before I left for the gym I made dinner and decided to give my Mini Turkey Loaves a pick me up! I should just name them Everything But the Kitchen Sink Loaves but thats a lil long. Here's my new recipe
1 package of 93/7 lean Ground Turkey
2 Carrot Sticks
1/3 cup raw kale (yes I still have some kale in the fridge that needs to be used)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 celery stick
2 tbsp ground Flax Seed
1 egg
Dash of Sea Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder
Mix all the veggies, egg, spices, cottage cheese, flax seed in your food processor
Fold mixture into meat
Spoon onto cooking sheet or baking dish
Bake at 400 for about 30 min until done

















I really liked how they turned out this time! Just right if you ask me.....however Aaron said he had to add ketchup to them to get the boys to eat them, but I'm ok with with considering everything thats included! 
I served them with Sweet Potato Fries, and steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower 

Sweet Potato Fries
2 Large Sweet Potatoes peeled and cut into fries
2 tbsp flax seed
2 tsp or more cinnamon
3 tbsp light olive oil
Spray cooking sheet with Pam , Arrange Sweet Potatoes on the cooking sheet, Drizzle olive oil over the fries, and sprinkle flax seed and cinnamon on top! Bake at 400 for 20 or so min until they smush when you touch them lol These babies are DELICIOUS seriously the flax seed makes them seem as if they are almost breaded or actually fried, it provides a nice texture mix for your lovely buds and the cinnamon puts them over the top (if you ask me :) They also reheat well so put the leftovers in the fridge and enjoy again tomorrow! 

This morning I had been awake since 5am, and about to fall off the bed with an oh so sexy husband on the opposite side, and two lil guys sleeping so sound in the middle. Not to mention we have a queen size bed! So I decided that sleep wasn't gonna happen and I planned on sneaking out of the house and going to the blueberry farm all by myself, until.... Tripp caught me. So I packed him up and off we went while Daddy and Brock were snoozing away. We were able to pick about $10 worth until I could no longer take his whining so we left and hit up the Angier farmers market on the way to the house. We made it back with blueberries, 3 egg plants, 3 Large and delicious looking red bell peppers and a HoneyDew melon! 
Isn't it a lil early for this
































Bed Head


This week in Oxygen magazine they had a recipe for some Protein Blueberry Crepes, and I decided to give them a try. Here is the recipe that the magazine provided however I tweaked it just a tad
Oxygen's Version of Protein Blueberry Crepes
4 egg whites
1/2-1 scoop whey protein powder
1 cup blueberries
2 packets Stevia
1 tbsp cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp almond butter






Now here's my version of Protein BlueBerry Crepes 
For the Crepe
4 egg whites and 1 scoop of Vanilla Whey protein powder
Beat together until smooth (which for me took a longer than I wanted it to and my arm got tired lol)
Pour into pan and let it spread far so that way it'll be thin and only cook it on one side for about 2 min......then place it on a plate and add in a small amount of the filling in the middle (less is more here because the filling is insanely rich) top with a few blueberries and fold
filling

For the filling
2 tbsp Almond Butter
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp water
dash of cocoa powder
Combine all ingredients over low-med heat in a small sauce pan on the stove (feel free to add any more or less of any of the ingredients here....almond butter can be tough so you have to thin it out if you ask me which I may have added more water than that......I just needed it to be smooth) Also Brock did not like the "chocolate taste" so next time I may leave out the cocoa and just add a sprinkle of cinnamon



They were Surprisingly Good though......Aaron and I really liked them and I'll be making them again, also ....I plan on making a few new twists to the filling and creating my own....to be continued! Ha!










No comments:

Post a Comment