Monday, July 11, 2011

Perfect Summer Day

Today was a typical/perfect summer day here at the Sullivan house. It started with our usual sleepyhead snuggle time with our favorite PBS cartoons, breakfast, gym, pool, dinner and baths!
     I make sure that breakfast is a big deal around these parts. It varies between eggs, oatmeal, and flour free pancakes for the boys but I basically eat the same thing every morning and I'm ok with that!

So there ya have it, I warm the skillet with coconut oil (by the way eggs are sooo good when they are cooked in coconut oil) 3 egg whites with spinach and a few chickpeas, with cottage cheese on the side and the fruit varies depending on what I have on hand! And of course my caffine, which is a cup of black coffee!












For Lunch I had my usual one scoop of protein powder with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and some chicken stir fry leftovers from dinner. For dinner tonight I tried to make my own mini turkey loaves recipe, and they turned out just ok...they were a lil dry so I'll have to try that again. For sides we had puree'd butternut squash (my new go to YummmmmO') and mixed green salad. Brock is the only one in the family who's not fond of the squash but I still make him eat ...he'll love me for that someday!

Today I finally got my PB2 in the mail!!! It's a peanut powder that you mix with a little water and wholla...you have peanut butter with 85% less fat than the regular!! I can't wait to taste this lil number in a shake or hell in anything for that matter....who does't love PB...but its fat content is through the roof if you ask me so hopefully this is as delicious as I'm hoping! (fingers crossed)

Today's workout was pretty good! I had a lot of motivation which always helps as well as AC/DC radio on Pandora cranking in the ear buds!
I focused on Abs and intervals
-For Warm up I did a circuit of  Reverse Pull Up's, Wall Ball's/Squat, and Bench Straddles/Alternating Lunges using the bench as well 6 sets with 15 reps for each as fast as I could and using a 12lb/15lb weighted ball
-Abs I used the bench for leg raises while holding the bar stationary
no weight on the bar for 10
5lbs for 8
10lbs for 6 
Inbetween these sets 20 mountain climbers, 15 burpees, and the last round 20 burpess/mtn climber combo
-Assisted pull up machine using wide grip with 90lb resistance 3 sets for 8
Inbetween these sets 20 tuck jumps, and 10 tuck/burpee/mtn climber combo
-Lower back extensions using 18lb ball 20X3 as well as oblique dips on each side same amount of reps
-Sit ups on incline bench while holding 18lb ball and with over head press at the top 20x3
-5 Turkish Get Up's on each side using 20lb kettle bell


just to end with a picture of my happiness!!!! Aaron and I with the Boys at Epcot taken this past May! 

1 comment:

  1. So, how do you make your flour-free pancakes? And are they also egg-free? I would love to hear the recipe for those! :)

    ReplyDelete