Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Christmas/Cabin Fever in July



With both of my lil guys now sick we are officially forced to quarantine ourselves in the house until further notice! Yesterday was full of cinematic adventures, popsicles, and frozen yogurts in the tube. Nothing clean about the yogurt or the popsicles, but when your lil guys are sick , you sometimes have to break the rules. That reminds me, I really wanna make some popsicles before the summer is over.






For some reason Brock decided that he wanted to watch Christmas Movies. He picked out A Christmas Carol, as well as the Grinch.  So I thought what a better time to find that Clean Hot CoCoa recipe that I saw not to long ago and give it a whirl! 
Clean Hot CoCoa
4 cups unsweetened Almond Milk
3/4 Cup agave or honey
2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cayenne (optional and I chose to leave it out)
3tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
                        


And here she is...topped with a couple chocolate swirl marsh-mellow and riding in style sportin the Marvel coffee mug of course!
















I also decided to go ahead and give Jamie Eason's Chocolate Protein Bars a shot, and I'm glad I did! They were sooooo yummy!
Preheat oven at 350
1 cup oat flour ( I used quick cook oats and threw them in the food processor)
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 scoops of chocolate whey protein
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp baking cocoa
 3/4 cup egg whites ( I used 3 egg whites)
4 packets of no carb stevia (I used 2 tbsp of stevia, but next time maybe 2 1/2)
8 oz berry flavored baby food & 2oz Water
Mix wet and Dry ingredients separately then mix the two together with No lumps. Bake in a greased 8x8 pan for 25 min @ 350 degrees
Here they are served with a scoop of Fat Free Cool whip sprinkled with a lil cocoa. Fat Free cool whip is one Un-Clean food that I'm having issues with......I leave it in the freezer and I literally have myself believing that its ice cream. 

Tonight was one of those Nights where I just did not feel like cooking....one of those nights where the Maggie 3 months ago would have ordered take out Chinese or Pizza, but tonight I literally opened the fridge and created something that was surprisingly good and Healthy! I suppose I'll call them Oscar Turkey Burgers inspired than non other than Oscar the Grouch himself! Ha! 
Oscar Turkey Burgers
1 package of super lean ground Turkey
1/2 cup raw kale
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 cloves of garlic
dash of salt and pepper
Place Kale, Cottage Cheese, Garlic , Bell Pepper, Salt and Pepper in food processor. And blend!
Mix the blended mixture in with your turkey meat, form into patties and cook on stove top or grill! Delish and a great way to sneak in some healthy greens!
Who wouldn't want to eat that?!? Ha!
Didn't realize my camera was all steamed up!

Served with fresh steamed broccoli and apple slices! Perfect Summer Meal!



Since the boys have been sick, I haven't even seen the gym :(   Fingers Crossed that they will be feeling better by tomorrow so that I can get in there and make up for lost time. I'm hoping to blog a lot more about workouts and what not in the next few posts so here's to me being able to get in the gym for a little inspiration!!!! 
<3 Brothers <3

No comments:

Post a Comment