Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Productive Week + Chicken Sloppy Joe, Coleslaw Dressing & Chocolate chip Cookie Recipes

 Sorry I didn't post last night but HELLO......The Bachelorette was on!!! So happy Ashley picked JP, I was a JP fan from the start! Hopefully they'll beat the odds and make it work, but with his cute smile and abs that shouldn't be a problem on her end! Ha! Anyways so this week has been quite productive! I've been ahead of the game when it comes to things that stay at home mom's do such as cleaning toilets, laundry, workouts, pool time and making healthy/ delicious dinners!
 Tonight I want to talk about workouts first!! I also want to go ahead and apologize if you are my Mother-in-law or my mother reading this but , this is too good not to post. One of my friends at the gym came up to me today after my workout and simply said "You are Insane!" She went on to say that my workouts were just crazy because today I did what I like to call a little cave man cardio , which I'll explain in more detail in just a bit. But without thinking I said "ya know....workouts are like sex.....you have to keep them crazy,  fun, and interesting or you'll get bored and plus your body responds best when you keep it guessing!" She laughed and as I walked away I thought to myself.."did I really just compare working out to sex?" But the more I thought about it , It's sooo true! Simply getting on a machine and staring a tv screen and getting the heart rate up a little each day just isn't gonna cut it people! This idea of crazy workouts became clear to me during my 10 week stent in the Raleigh Police Academy. They had this one swat guy who ran a lot of our PT and his workouts were crazy, but they were always fun, we always pushed ourselves outside of that dreaded comfort zone, and afterwards it felt great! Not to mention we were getting in the best shapes of our lives and stronger everyday! So...think outside the box when it comes to your workouts, especially for cardio and results will happen! 
Here is today's CaveMan Cardio
~Row Machine for 10min warmup level 8
~Stair Runs using the stairs in the gym or wherever you may be X30 with Up & Back Down equaling 1
Using the Indoor Track (which is really small I think maybe 20X around =1mile or something like that
~Bear Crawl on the short sides and run on the long stretches X5 2bearcrawl=1
~Side to Side Bunny Hops on the short sides and run on long stretches x5 2bunnyhop sets =1
~Grapevine on the short sides with High Knees on the long stretches x3
~Low Side Shuffle on the short sides with High Knees on the long stretches x2
~Incline Bench Sit ups holding 18lb weighted Ball with overhead press at the top x30
~Planks x1minute
~Bicycle Crunch 2x30...2count
~Lying Side Oblique Crunch with elevated feet 2x30 each side
~20 lying leg sweeps 4 count alternating between sides, and center
Then this evening I went back for Step Class!! 

I plan on making a vlog of this workout because it was great and involved little to no equipment and could totally be done at home or a park. 
Since we're talking about workouts here is what I did Monday.
Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
~Incline Bench chest press 2x20 using 20lb dumbbells
~Incline Bench Flys 2x20 using 12lb dumbbells
~Push Ups 4x10
~Shoulder Press 2x20 using 50lb Bar 
~Side Lateral Raise 2x1min using 15lb dumbbells
~Upright Rows (my fave) 2x1min using 40lb bar
~Pressdowns 2x20
~KickBacks 2x20 using 10lb dumbbells
~Lying Side oblique crunch with feet elevated x20 both sides
~20 lying leg sweeps 4 count alternating between sides, and center

Yesterday I decided to make use of my crock pot and made some Chicken Sloppy Joes!! They were a huge hit with the hubs and the kiddos so do your family a favor and Make These!
I started by placing 6 chicken breast in the crockpot. Then I made my homemade BBQ Sauce in a pan on the stove. 
I honestly Do not measure when I make this sauce but here are the ingredients:
BBQ Sauce
1 can Tomato Sauce
1 can Tomato Paste
Apple Cider Vinegar or any vinegar will do
Molasses
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Honey
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
I start with the tomato sauce and paste in a med sauce pan over low heat. I start adding the vinegar, honey and literally everything to taste. Add something then taste it, add a lil more whether you want it more sweet or vinegary (not sure thats a word) or salty its up to you!! Rocket Science I know! :)
Once all the ingredients are mixed well pour it over the chicken breast. Place lid on crock pot and put it on a low setting and let cook for around 7 hours. Once the chicken is done just take two forks and shred the chicken right there in the crock pot and its done! 

Next time I'll probably add chopped onion

ColeSlaw Dressing
1 bag of ColeSlaw Cabbage Mix found over with the bagged salad or cut up your own
0% plain Greek Yogurt (you knew I was gonna say that ;)
Vinegar
Splenda or any type of no calorie sweetener such as stevia or truvia
Light Coconut milk (leftover from the snap pea salad dressing)(usually found in the Asian Food Isle)
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
Once again No measuring...I started out using the yogurt as my base and just kept adding and tasting until it tasted just right! Once its how you like it pour over cabbage mix and stir! Delicious!! Really it was!


Chicken Sloppy Joe w/ coleslaw and greenbeans!
I served the boys and Aaron using a whole wheat bun as a sandwich



Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 cup almonds
1/3 cup cooked oatmeal
3tbsp honey or agave
1 tsp vanilla
1tsp cinnamon
1/8 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips 
1 egg
1tsp brown sugar
I used these...got them at Kroger
1) Mix everything except chocolate into the food processor. You should have a wet sticky dough.
2) Use spatula scrape dough into bowl and fold in chocolate chips
3) spoon onto cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 23 min yes 23 lol
I doubled this recipe and this is what I got...they were really good and I'll make them again for sure!

When I made the Sloppy Joes I also served the boys my homemade French Fries! 
2 Large Potatoes Peeled and cut into fries
Spray Baking sheet with olive oil
Drizzle olive oil on top of Fries
Sprinkle with flax seed and salt 
Bake at 400 for 20min!! My Boys Love these!!! 

And last but not least one of my new favorite snacks!!
DELICIOUS also bought at Kroger

No comments:

Post a Comment