Thursday, August 4, 2011

10 Years! + Light Summer Recipes

Today marks our 10 year wedding anniversary!  If you don't know me very well you're probably thinking "wow....how old is she?" or "What did she get married when she was 12?" Ha! Yes we got married at the tender ages of 19 and 21...just babies! Our wedding was interesting to say the least, I'm pretty sure there were a few folks at the back of the church taking bets, my Dad was so drunk that he could barely speak, my "step-mom" showed up wearing a red prom dress decked out with rhinestones, plunging neckline and a train...yes a train, one of my groomsman almost got ran over by a car and my grandmother was trying to pay some of the other groomsman to kick my Dad's ass after the reception! So yeah, it was a good time, not to mention the fact that I was only 19 so nearly half of the guests were drinking underage and left in their own vehicles! Can you say classy?!?! But ya know....that's sometimes how things go down in the great state of West By God Virginia!
August 4, 2001
With a start like that the odds were pretty stacked, but we made it through! Aaron is absolutely the only man that could ever put up with me and I love him dearly! Heres to many more! 

I decided to try my tuna salad again and made it slightly different this time, and I think it is now officially perfect if you ask me! There are raisins in it this time and I swear every time I got a bite of raisin it was like a lil hint of joy! Ha! True story I got excited every time I got a raisin just like you do when you get an M&M while eating trail mix! Just add all the mix-ins as you wish to taste! 
Tuna Salad (revised)
1 large can of tuna drained 
0% Greek yogo
1 snack size box of raisins (credit goes to Daisy for this, thanks for the idea!)
1 hand full of raw spinach chopped
mustard
stevia
salt and pepper
1/2 onion chopped
DELICIOUS! Served on a rice cake as always:)
Next on the list is what Aaron described as "This may be the best thing you've EVER made for me!" That would be some Buffalo Chicken Salad. If you have a buffalo wing lover in your house then they are sure to love this, and its a great healthy Man-pleaser!
All you need is some chicken breast, greek yogo, and Frank's Red Hot!

That's right just 3 ingredients! Boil the chicken breast in a pan with a lil water. Place them in your food processor, add in yogurt and a lot of Frank's and give it a couple goes and wholla!!! You'll love it I'm sure...this one is an absolute Must Make and its perfect on wraps, on on top of Salad! If you want your chicken to be a chunkier just chop it up to your liking, place it in a large bowl and fold in the yogurt and Franks!



Last I'll talk about FlatOuts! These are now a staple in the Sullivan household! Tonight I made the boys pizza on these. I simple placed pizza sauce on them , added cheese and a lil chopped zucchini and red pepper and popped them in the oven on 350 for 10 min and they loved them! Flat outs are low carb, low sugar, everything good! So do yourself a favor and go getcha some! I bought them at Kroger. 
FlatOut pizza prepped and ready to go in oven





Today's Workout
 I taught a class called 20/20/20 which is just 20 min of three different types or styles of exercising with instructor's choice.
I did a lil crazy jumping around cardio that included Skaters, Jacks, Bunny Hops, High Knees, 180 Jump Squats, Slow and painful Lunges, SuperMans Jumps, Ski's , and some basic step
Next we used some free weights  
Bicep Curls, Hammer Curls, Overhead Tricep Extension, Tricep Dips, Overhead Shoulder press paired with squat, one arm bicep rows, and push ups
And last we worked our Core as well as our Tush!
Leg Sweeps, Lying Superman hold, Planks, Lying Side Oblique Crunch with elevated feet, Bicycle Crunch, and Dog Pee butt burn outs (sorry, I'll have to put this one on a video to show you but I literally don't have a better name for it :)  

I plan on making some Vlogs this week for workout ideas, with the help of some of my best friends sooo stay tuned! Also I might be a lil MIA for the next week but I'll be back don't you fret! <3
Snacks for our Travel Cooler
Red peppers with Laughing Cow Cheese triangles for me
and the other two are for the boys!




Tripp living up to his name!! 




2 comments:

  1. Wow - what a wedding story!! One you'll never forget, that's for sure! Happy anniversary!!

    Glad you like the raisins in the tuna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog Maggie!

    ReplyDelete