Tuesday, August 23, 2011

One Step Forward/ Two Steps Back

Sorry I've been a lil MIA recently, but after a short trip home and having my niece for a week, life around here is just now back to normal! The entire week that I was in WV my diet stayed on track and it was easy because my grandma's house is full of fresh produce in the summer! Soo Good!!!!












































This past week however is a whole other story. For some reason....I've been eating as if the good Lord himself is coming tomorrow! All week last week I ate whatever I wanted and said "NO" to little. Still not sure why but what I do know is that I basically felt like crap all week. I had headaches, I only worked out when I taught classes and had little to no motivation. Lesson learned for sure....seriously that was awful not to mention I gained 4lbs!!!!
I know cheat meals happen, and they do but I especially have to be careful not to start saying yes to everything for days at a time. I think once I break the seal and have that ice cream sandwich after dinner with the boys, or grab that handful of pita chips while I'm making snacks, I feel so guilty and instantly feel like I've completely un-did all the hard work that I've been doing for the past few months and get this "F" it all attitude, and its honestly hard for me to stop. It's a problem I know and I'm well aware believe me! "Hello, My name is Maggie"  <<<Hello Maggie>>> "And I'm a binge Eater!" There....I said it! But Thank GOD for my gym friends, seriously they are awesome! Especially my friend Laura who is holding my accountable for this 12 week program that her and I had planned on starting this week! (More about that in a minute) But seriously we planned on starting the program on Tuesday and I swear Monday night up until 10pm I was still stuffing my face like I would never eat again! What the hell is wrong with me! lol Seriously who does that....but if you do , just know you're not the only one. And hopefully I will never do that again! I know I'll have cheat meals every now and then but I'm pretty sure there's no diet plan or healthy lifestyle out there that writes in "Cheat Week" or hell "Week before Execution" LOL So a big shout out to Laura for grabbing me by the hair and pulling me out of the Hog Trough, and meeting me in the weight room!

Ok, enough with the negative talk, its starting to make me itch.
Jamie Eason, (which if you don't know about her you should google her, she's just might be my favorite fitness chick) launched a brand new 12 week program through bodybuilding.com. It comes complete with workouts, videos, nutrition, and tons of helpful tips! You can feel free to check it out Jamie Eason's 12 week Live Fit program There are a lot of answers to overall general fitness and keeping the weight off in her short videos. I love that there's no cardio in the first phase,  because she's living proof that you don't necessarily need a lot of cardio in your life to look fabulous. Also the nutrition piece is amazing.
Today was day one of the program for me and my dear friend Laura who I mentioned before. The workout was good and the nutrition was a lil hard for me simply because I'm probably having sugar/carb withdrawls from last weeks catastrophe. LOL
Now,  I'm about to lay it all out on the table here and Laura gave me permission to include her in this. Before our workout today we decided to take "Before" shots of ourselves. UGH!!! Is all I have to say but I'm here for you so I'm gonna share them with you.



















Ugh I hate Hate Hate my lower back for obvious reasons
Totally my trouble spot!



Honestly its a just one more piece of accountability because now I know that after the 12 weeks are over you'll expect to see new and improved pictures!















There ya have it! Nothing to hide thats for sure! No Spanx, No Editing, No enhancing, just all Natural and hopefully in 12 weeks there will be a considerable difference for the both of us! Feel free to join and if you do let me know that way you can jump on our accountability wagon to Success!  lol so corny! 

Now let's talk about food just a tad! Today I served the boys some vanilla low fat yogo with flaxseed and blackberries! Great kiddo snack for sure!
And today's lunch for me included Tuna salad served on a bed of spinach with 1/2 Baked sweet potato topped with flax seed and cinnamon! YummO!


Tomorrow I plan on making some Lemon Protein Bars as well as Chicken Muffins all courtesy of Ms. Eason herself! :)

And Last but definitely Not least a picture of my babies and their best good buds Camden and Dylan! 







Brock's new favorite dress up outfit, the wizard hat paired with a cape of course! Gotta Love it!











No comments:

Post a Comment